1) I wish everyone a banner year, filled with new accounts, profits and great work.
2) I wish that agencies figure out how to negotiate with clients so that they can make enough money to insure a fair profit and to service their clients in a manner which maximizes the relationship and the work.
3) I wish that agencies were confident enough to say no to clients when necessary and yes when it is sensible to do so.
4) I wish that agencies would hire the best people for the job, regardless of their background.
5) I wish that agencies figure out how to truly get to know their clients’ business so that they can once again become marketing and sales partners.
6) I wish that agencies practice what they preach: their only asset is people. People need to be valued, coddled and nurtured.
7) I wish raises for all those executives who are long overdue.
8) I wish that the truly best agency is hired at the end of every pitch.
9) I wish that the silos truly came down and agencies learn to become integrated and media neutral.
10) I wish that agencies should go back to the system of executive account rotations which were in effect years ago. This would lower turnover by eliminating the need for executives who feel stale to have to seek new jobs in order to renew themselves.